Seasoned With Change

3:11 PM

Hello again lovelies and gents!
This morning after a strange dream of someone showing me how to sketch the perfect tree with some dots, connected swirls, light and dark shading and a colored green pencil spinning technique (Will have to try this out and see if it really works. Weird dreams. Hmm..) my sweet husband kissed and hugged me goodbye like he does every morning before he went to work. 

He informed me he cleaned up the kitchen so I could wake up and have an easy undistracted morning. He knew I really wanted to blog today. I do not deserve a man like this, yet the Lord has chosen to bless me immensely in His grace.

I am finding that in the mornings I have millions of words running rampant through my head and sometimes I have subconsciously written an entire post or dialogue before I even open my eyes. I should be writing as soon as I get up. I used to do this back when I was a teenager. 

A friend from very long ago introduced me to an exercise called "Morning and Night Pages". I would have two journals. One for the morning and one for the night where I would write my jumbled, insensible thoughts down when first waking up and right before bed. It helped stretch my vocabulary, widen my creative box, and build material for songwriting and creative novel writing that I use to do. I miss it and I am determined to start that again. I believe it would help a frustrated writer express to full potential. That and several ongoing rounds of Words with Friends and Scrabble. ;)

Jumping on Facebook this morning out of habit, I came across an appetizing recipe from a friend so I pinterested it. While I was there I came across this quote that is a perfect segway to what's been swarming in my thoughts.
Autumn reminds me of change and I always reflect every year around this time, on all the changes in my own life. On Facebook and in blogs everyone seems to be posting their lovely Autumn pictures from different states. I was curious how our color changes here in Pennsylvania are comparing.

We had that opportunity this weekend when Jason and I took a tranquil evening walk in our neighborhood. I used my first iPhone 5c I bought from craigslist, to capture the images of Autumn while on our walk. I decided to accompany the major changes in my life this year, many bold and new somethings I have done and have been doing with the pictures I have taken and a few others. 

Now compared to what I'm used to back home, I feel the colors are not as bright here. It could be that it's still too early. I am keeping an eye out for further transformation. We also took our walk as it was starting to get dark. I will have to take some more pictures during the day and as the leaves turn more. This is an unconventional post, but honestly just what I'm feeling right now. Without further ado.


Seasoned with Change

A young woman from a small rural town. 
A long-distance relationship guided by the  peace  of the  Holy Spirit 
into marriage.
 A move miles and hours away from  everything familiar. 
A brand new location  and  atmosphere.  Oh so worth it.
New places to go, 
people I am meeting,
friendships I'm making.
A new church to worship in.
A choir to sing in with my best friend.
Playing guitar and singing on the praise team 
with a flautist.
Expanding my boundaries in musicianship
Learning to read and sing sheet music and Lutheran hymns.
The ebb and flow of life's music.
Challenges a plenty.
Driving in a big city.
Facing the dreaded one way streets.
Squeezing my car into  tight spaces when 
switching lanes.
Fighting Tourist traffic 
every Friday.
Discovering  a hundred places 
to shop for  food and home.
No two the same.


This is our stuck in traffic faces when we are stuck in traffic.
But we are on our way to church here. ^_^

Building a home together.
Cooking meals for two every night.
Attempting uncomfortable recipes.
Experimentation.
Craigslist finds:
an iphone 5c and
A free sofa that changes
the atmosphere 
of our living space.
Destaining free couch
with cleaners and elbow grease. ;)

 
Pinteresty motivation.
The perfect throw pillows 
and bedding hunts.
Crafting as if the wedding 
wasn't enough.
Expression through
art projects for blank walls.
Searching for those
perfect color combinations.

The emotional process of learning to live with someone who is not you. 
Trusting God. 
Trusting myself in quick 
decision making. 
Organizational skills put 
into practice.
Wrestling with the stubborn 
kingdom of SELF. 
Receiving forgiveness. 
Offering forgiveness. 
Receiving grace. 
Offering grace. 
Placing Christ in the center 
our marriage.

Improved health. 
Revived inspiration.... 
AND REST. 

As always, thank you for reading.


With love and compassion,
Post a Comment

REBEKAH JOSANN

Certified Identity and Trauma Informed Life Coach | Author | Speaker

Rebekah is the founder of "Scripture Prescriptions Ministries". She speaks and writes on faith, discipleship, autism, neurodivergence, mental health, social issues, and at times politics.
She is helping people heal from church and faith hurt, relationships, negative generational patterns, grief, and more, aiming to restore joy through life coaching, discipleship, and community building. ♥️

******
FOLLOW THE PODCAST: "The Chatty Auties Show"
CONNECT AROUND THE WEB: https://linktr.ee/RebekahJosann

IF YOU WANT TO HELP SUPPORT HER IN WRITING, RESOURCES, AND MINISTRY,
PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING A LOVE OFFERING OR SIGNING UP FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. THIS HELPS HER CONTINUE TO DO THE WORK SHE IS CALLED TO.

Comments