Our Dreams>God's Will

6:43 PM


For my regular followers, I am participating in an online Bible/book study with a weekly blog hop for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The book that is touching over 22,000 women from 120 countries is "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" by Lysa TerKeurst. If you'd like to join and participate with me you can click this link When Women Say Yes to God. Blog Hop.
Below is an assignment post. :) I kept it nice and short since there are so many to read!


I feel I am being abit redundant by picking the same blog subject twice in a row, but my life is following a theme and with me still being young and not having as much experience as other ladies in this study, this is what I felt like writing to. I hope to add a little humor into a difficult day the one who reads this may be having. Humor is one of my communication languages. =D So here we go!

You can have your whole life planned out.

Who you will marry: 
  




What your wedding will be like:




what your lifestyle will be:



Your perfect career:



The house of your dreams:



Where you will live:


But we all know life doesn't always happen the way we expect. Though God may choose to bless us with some desires of our hearts, more likely than naught for the believer, our played out desires aren't our original desires at all, but those that God has placed in our hearts to accomplish His purpose.

Just recently I found out that the kind of life I will be saying #YestoGod to is not at all what I imagined. It is actually quite the opposite. I am a simple person, but at the same time so complex. I have depth, onion layers as the phrase is coined. I don't get noticed too often, but I have always felt free to be free spirited, to have myself out there, to not worry about what could come of it.

The life I'm being called to, however, has thrown a twist into things. It is requiring me to learn to “lock up”. To close my open book. To think about security and safety. To become a nobody. I have always had this inner sense that I was meant for big things. When I wanted to no longer live, He wouldn't let me die. It's been a constant pattern in my life to be at the bottom of the heap whether it be in my family and workplaces, etc.. I have had little prospects of ever being better than that and doing bigger things for God. Imagine my confusion when God says, “I want you to become a nobody.” But as Jesus said, “If you want to be first, you must be last.” If we ever become a somebody, it's Christ who has ordained it and Him who is the Son body in our No body (couldn't help the pun. ;) )

Though I don't see every result of saying #yestoGod for this life, I know in my heart that it is the path God has for me. It is bringing me a peace that passes all understanding. I can see how it will develop character in me, it will make me come to terms with my insecurities and the reasons I do what I do. It will equip me and prepare me for what God's plans are for me and carry me through them. All for His glory.

I know I will look back at this entry and even Bible study and think, “She was so scared of an uncertain future, she was so hard pressed to hold onto the familiar, to not embrace change, to go after what SHE wanted, and throw away what didn't fit that mold. But she took the leap and look where she is now.”

I hope this little blurb will encourage someone out there to reevaluate the reasons you do things. What you're saying no to, what blessings you're missing out on, what God may be saying that you're ignoring. I wrestle with this. I know I'm not the only one. God has a bigger picture. A bigger plan awaits for His Kingdom purposes, not our boxed in lives. We can throw it out in the name of it's too hard and it's not what WE want, or we can squeeze it tightly and press forward, loving God into the journey to accomplish the reason for all life:

“To our God and Father be the glory, forever and ever, Amen.” 
~Philippians 4:20
Blessings to you lovely ladies! 
~Rebekah

To find more in this series: 


With love and compassion,
2 comments

REBEKAH JOSANN

Certified Identity and Trauma Informed Life Coach | Author | Speaker

Rebekah is the founder of "Scripture Prescriptions Ministries". She speaks and writes on faith, discipleship, autism, neurodivergence, mental health, social issues, and at times politics.
She is helping people heal from church and faith hurt, relationships, negative generational patterns, grief, and more, aiming to restore joy through life coaching, discipleship, and community building. ♥️

******
FOLLOW THE PODCAST: "The Chatty Auties Show"
CONNECT AROUND THE WEB: https://linktr.ee/RebekahJosann

IF YOU WANT TO HELP SUPPORT HER IN WRITING, RESOURCES, AND MINISTRY,
PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING A LOVE OFFERING OR SIGNING UP FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. THIS HELPS HER CONTINUE TO DO THE WORK SHE IS CALLED TO.

Comments

  1. I love that "Son body" :) It takes all kinds to work in God's kingdom. When we think about governments (kings/queens, lords/nobles) there are only a few of them. The biggest populations are always the "nobodies". It takes a lot of us!!! What God desires is willing, obedient, surrendered hearts to labor in His fields and vineyards. Each one of the "greats" in the Bible: David, Peter, Paul, Ruth, Rahaab, Esther were all "no bodies". God takes ordinary people to do extraordinary (extra + ordinary) things!! He humbles us and then builds us up! Keep turning your heart to Him and listening to His Voice! (Fellow Kentuckian)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment