HOPEWRITERS CHALLENGE: DAY 3 - "Shine"

2:37 PM

As part of a personal challenge to myself to write better, 
I am joining Hope Writers Challenges!
This is Day 3's writing for instagram.

This picture is the result of one of those silly quizzes on Facebook. “If you were a cat 🐈 what would you look like?”

When I first laid eyes on this picture, I instantly noticed the intensity and focus in this cat’s eyes and the light reflecting off the screen, illuminating her little face.
Laying in those bed sheets, this is legitimately what I look like before bed or in the morning to write to people I know and people I never will meet in person face to face. To give them an ear to listen and any life wisdom I can share. 

The last few years, I agonized over the fact I wasn’t writing in my blog anymore or writing something substantial in a substantial way. You know, the big time. Published. 

I took some time this week to go back through the archives and read what I had written this year, sifting through social media posts and comments, messages, emails. 

Did I make impact? How did I influence someone in a positive way? How did my light shine through my words? 

I found...
My words cut like a blade through lies, revealing truth. 

My words prevent many from making decisions leading to ruin. 

My words reconcile disagreements. Like a sword, they
pierce through tough opinions and soften hearts. 

My words ceased to fail where they fell. 
They planted seeds, now watered and grown.

My words invited change, accomplished change, and rooted change.

My words shined light to a dark area of hopelessness and saved lives. 

My words inspired. My words instilled faith, hope, and love. 

My words grew better with time. 

My words had worth. 

Value.

And needed to be written, regardless of where. 

I think if I hadn’t written my words, where they’d be now.  Stuck inside. Begging to be released for the benefits they knew they’d give. 

More importantly, where would those who received them be? 

We all have words. We all have something to say, but sometimes we write for ourselves to feel better at the expense of another. 

I encourage you, if you write...
Write in wisdom. Write with intention and heart.   
Write to shine the light of truth into a damaged,
imperfect society. 
 Write in love. 
Whatever you do, don’t stop writing.
Because we need your words. 

You can find more from this challenge HERE.


With love and compassion,
Post a Comment

REBEKAH JOSANN

Certified Identity and Trauma Informed Life Coach | Author | Speaker

Rebekah is the founder of "Scripture Prescriptions Ministries". She speaks and writes on faith, discipleship, autism, neurodivergence, mental health, social issues, and at times politics.
She is helping people heal from church and faith hurt, relationships, negative generational patterns, grief, and more, aiming to restore joy through life coaching, discipleship, and community building. ♥️

******
FOLLOW THE PODCAST: "The Chatty Auties Show"
CONNECT AROUND THE WEB: https://linktr.ee/RebekahJosann

IF YOU WANT TO HELP SUPPORT HER IN WRITING, RESOURCES, AND MINISTRY,
PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING A LOVE OFFERING OR SIGNING UP FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. THIS HELPS HER CONTINUE TO DO THE WORK SHE IS CALLED TO.

Comments